Twiter Anti Homeopathy Trolls I've Blocked
- Homeopathic Consultation
- Case Histories
- Conditions Affecting All Ages
- Homeopathy for Pets & Animals
- Diseases & Syndromes
- FIRST AID Homeopathy
- Women's Health
- Adults & Seniors
- Men's Health
- Science vs Homeopathy: the Debate
- Baby Teething Tablets & the Feds
- Homeopathic Research Studies
- Much More than Placebo Homeopathy Reverses Cancer
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
I think the opposing comment to Ernst's question by "Eco Witch" on 5/14/2015 deserves a wider audience.
“Science” says that homeopathic concentrations can not have an effect. So do the repeated rants of the author of this article. Well dear lawyers of the world and bigots united, please explain why even the US EPA recommended ‘safe’ concentration of arsenic in drinking water (which is 0.01 ppm)has an adverse impact on the blood lipids in sensitive mice and is resulting in proposals to reduce the concentration of arsenic in drinking water even lower than that already homeopathic dilution? According to the blinkered thinking about homeopathy, this level of arsenic in water shouldn’t be a problem - yet it is.
The science based approach has resulted the majority of people blindly believing that prescribed drugs will work for them and are safe. In fact over 90% of drugs work on only 30-50% of people taking them, ie they don’t work on up to 70% of people prescribed them but everyone risks side effects. (source: Glaxo’s Dr Allen Roses in 2003). It’s resulted in governments around the world wasting £Billions on Tamiflu. Indeed, even people NOT taking these damned drugs are adversely affected by them as they contaminate the drinking water in the world following excretion. Since our science based approach to life became the dogma of this society, our species has become the sickest on the planet within the life time of one generation. Why don’t you lawyers focus on these areas which causes greatest harm to the majority of people rather than focusing on the areas which adversely impact only a very few people?
Only those stupid enough to believe that humans have discovered all there is to know about the world and all the science there is to discover would always demand a ‘science based’ approach to all medicine. Science is only as good as the parameters set for it and the knowledge of the scientists concerned as well as the funding driving it.”
Friday, September 8, 2017
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Click on each study to view via direct link.1. Homeopathic Nux vomica & Calendula are potent inhibitors of H. pylori for the treatment of human gastritis.
2. Homeopathic Coffea Cruda & Nux vomica improve mood & depression in adults who suffer from coffee related insomnia.
3. It is possible to record the response of homeopathic medicines on physiologic parameters of the human autonomic nervous system.
4. Homoeopathic Arnica montana reduces DNA damage in Escherichia coli exposed to ultraviolet irradiation.
5. Homeopathy integrative nanomedicine: "homeopathic remedies could initiate anticancer effects".
6. With classical homoeopathic treatment "patients with psoriasis improved in symptoms and quality of life."
7. A case series: Treatment with homeopathy for premenstrual syndrome (PMS) "seemed to have a positive impact on PMS symptoms".
8. Treatment with homeopathic Causticum showed a significant inhibition of pre-induced Carrageen (or Carrageenan) inflammation & edema in rats.
9. When the usual conventional treatment failed, properly prescribed homeopathy was able to cure this severe case of nasal aspergillosis in a 6 y.o. dog
10. Study concludes that homeopathic Thymulin 5cH could be a viable method to improve productivity in poultry production. Agrohomeopathy.
. 11. Scientific provings of ultra-high-dilution (UHD) homeopathy on humans repeatedly allows separation of placebo vs verum (a.k.a. "true") symptoms.
12. Homeopathic treatment to promote peripheral nerve regeneration in rats was "faster & clearly more positive" than in the control group.
13. Study proves homeopathy "can be used as a complement to conventional anti-tubercular treatment with beneficial results".
14. The use of homeopathic treatment for tonsillitis revealed both a subjective & objective "significant decrease in symptoms".
15. Study of treatment with homeopathic Arnica status-post carpal-tunnel release surgery documented a more "significant reduction in pain after two weeks."
16. Study of four homeopathic remedies revealed a maximum ability to inhibit the growth of Aspergillus niger fungus.
17. Homeopathic Crotalus horridus 200C proved as effective as Dimiazine in the treatment of tick-borne Babesiosis in dogs.
18. This study concluded that homeopathic remedies have anti-cancer properties & immune system boosting effects in experimental animals.
19. Professor Edzard Ernst concludes "the evidence supports the use of homeopathic remedies over placebo in osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis".
20. Further demonstrations in homeopathic research with animal models that there are "biological effects of homeopathy".
21. Homeopathic remedies with anti-neoplastic (anti cancer) properties have immuno-modulatory effects in animals.
22. The homeopathic remedy Tarantula cubensis was able to partially neutralize the deleterious effects of Aflatoxin effects in rats
23. This study concludes the "use of homeopathy may be able to treat a considerable number multi-morbid patients at lower costs than conventional medicine".
24. Proof that homeopathy improves B1 cell activation & Leishmania phagocytosis (efficiency) in infected mice.
25. Proof that homeopathy is more effective for treatment of children with sub-clinical hypothyroidism with & without autoimmune thyroiditis.
26. Homeopathic "Lappa has shown positive effects in the treatment of acne (vulgaris) especially the inflammatory type."
27. Homeopathic China rubra 7CH limited side effects of quinine used 2 treat malaria in pregnant women.
28. This study showed anti-proliferative effect of homeopathic medicines on human kidney colon & breast cancer cells.
29. Homeopathy complex Datif-PC(®) suggests treatment of anxiety & sleep disorders "can produce notable improvements."
30. "Homeopathic B. vulgaris has strong anti-urolithiasis potential at an ultra-diluted dose."
31. Use of homeopathy for otitis media with effusion shows decreased antibiotic use in children and It's COST EFFECTIVE.
32. Proof that homeopathy treatment shows a statistically significant reduction allergic skin diameter wheal size in cat allergic adults.
33. With two homeopathic remedies for PMS, the participants reported "significantly improved quality of life."
34. Homeopathy aggravations using Q & LM potencies "seems to be associated with better treatment outcomes."
35. A study of homeopathic Calendula officinalis on human gingival fibroblasts showed positive reproducible effects.
36. Proof that homeopathic treatment for idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia reduced pain intensity by more than 60%.
37. Proof that physiotherapy & homeopathy were more effective than placebo for lower back pain due to osteoarthritis.
38. Proof that homeopathy can replace the use of antibiotics. "Piglets of the homeopathic treated group had significantly less E. coli diarrhoea."
39. For mild & moderate clinical bovine mastitis, homeopathic treatment was superior to antibiotic treatment.
40. For acute respiratory and ear complaints, with homeopathic treatment the "onset of improvement with homeopathy was faster."
41. Significantly more patients than control group 77.1% vs 61.7% reported improvement in 3 days with homeopathic Engystol.
42. Homeopathic vs standard care for glue ear in children "antibiotic consumption was lower in the homoeopathy group."
43. Antibiotic use for infectious diseases in pigs is of concern to consumers. This study proved that that homeopathy was more effective.
44. In a study of childhood acute otitis media, the homeopathy treated group had less pain, recovered faster and had fewer relapses.
45. Proof that patients with Xerostomia (dry mouth) did better with homeopathy which "could be a valuable adjunct."
46. A homeopathic China & Chelidonium combination showed "complete parasite clearance" of the lethal malaria parasite.
47. There was a "trend towards less narcotic use in the homeopathy treated group of young patients with mucositis" caused by chemotherapy.
48. Homeopathic Arsinicucm Album 30C "reduced arsenic toxicity" & DNA damage therefore validating the efficacy of ultra high dilution.
49. Study "results suggest homeopathic treatment is an effective & safe method in the treatment of minor aphthous ulcers."
50. 128 women w/ dysmenorrhea experienced improvement with homeopathy and the "use of other health services decreased."
51. For motility-related variables, there was a trend toward superiority of homeopathy for acute symptomatic tendinopathy.
52. Homeopathy had maximal anti-inflammatory effect for the treatment of inflammatory periodontal diseases.
53. Homeopathic Euphorbium compositum & its components has proven anti-viral activity in nasal mucosa & sinuses.
54. Study of Egyptian asthmatic children revealed "absolute improvements after 6 months of treatment by homeopathic medicines."
55. Rebound action of acid suppressing drugs "Findings support Hahnemann's concept of secondary action of drugs."
56. Of 455 patients treated via homeopathy, 32.5% stopped or substantially reduced their conventional drug use.
57. In France family physicians are main source of information on homeopathy to treat side effects of chemotherapy in children.
58. "Sweeping statements about the scientific impossibility of homeopathy are themselves unscientific."
59. 1,972 patients documented prescriptions & [positive] clinical outcomes in West Bengal, India homeopathic hospital.
60. Proven efficacy & safety of fixed-combination homeopathic (Sinusitis PMD) therapy for sinusitis.
61. Patients with influenza-like syndromes treated via homeopathy recovered in less time than the placebo treated group.
62. Proof that supports prior research suggesting individualized homeopathy treatment can benefit cancer survivors.
63. 90% of patients treated for acute rhinosinusitis via homeopathy were symptom free; whereas the placebo group had no change.
64. Proof that homeopathy for acute viral tonsillitis offers "earlier symptom resolution, cost-effectiveness & fewer adverse effects."
65. Anti homeopathy political activists won't understand this, but homeopaths & their cured patients will.
66. Confirmation by CT (computed tomography), homeopathic remedies where shown to increase bone mineralization in chickens. Will this be applicable to osteoporosis in the elderly?
67. Proof that homeopathic Calcarea carbonica induced apoptosis (death) of cancer cells via "a two step mechanism."
68. Homeopathic Passiflora Compose could be an alternative to psychotropic drugs for first intention treatment of anxiety & SDS.
69. Homeopathic Anax-i exerts antidepressant, anxiolytic & analgesic-like effects, promoting hyperlocomotion & weight loss.
70. Homeopathic inhaled M1 is an efficient & cost effective candidate for metastatic melanoma cancer patients.
71. Treating pediatric tonsillo-pharyngitis via homeopathy could reduce the need for costly antibiotics.
72. Homeopathic Symphytum officinale increases removal torque and radiographic bone density around titanium implants in rats.
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Based on the facts, the anti homeopathy activists have so far been unable to stop the production, distribution and sale of homeopathic remedies via the internet or in local shops worldwide; the private practice and legal licensing of homeopaths; the schools, universities, organizations and private groups that teach it; the ongoing privately and government funded research studies & surveys; the publication of books, journals and magazines for professional, public and student consumption; worldwide newspaper articles; postings on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter; radio broadcasts and televised health topic talk shows that educate curious health care consumers about it, and the cured patients who sing its praises to family members, co-workers, casual and longtime friends. In a recent email to their members & followers, The National Center for Homeopathy in the U.S. noted that the interest in more information via their website grew by a “whopping 600%” over the past two years. Copyright SAHC 8/25/2016
The editorial below was published in 2013. The anti homeopathy activists are not dong any better, but the interest and use of homeopathy worldwide has continued to increase like the fleas on a farmer's guard dog.
A Google search for homeopathic skeptics will return information on Stephen Barrett, Edzard Ernst, Skeptics in the Pub, Simon Singh and the magician and illusionist James Randi, among others. A Google search for skeptics blogs returns a site URL (among others) for a skeptic who tells you how you can "fix" the Wikipedia entries. It just so happens that the Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales is not a fan of homeopathy and wants to "stop it." An advantage for the skeptics? Ah, so far that's a no. (1, 2)
The skeptics have tried to discredit homeopathy since Hahnemann's time. The medical establishment and its member practitioners and scientists, along with the press, had a field day attacking Hahnemann and his patients. I think the same skeptic types are recruited and involved today. Despite their efforts then and now, according to the World Health Organization, homeopathy has grown in popularity and is the second most expanding health care system worldwide. Are the skeptics failing? Let's consider the facts:
1. Health care consumers have not been convinced that "real drugs" (versus "sugar pills") are a better option, especially when there is the continued publicity of class action law suits and the withdrawal of drugs because of adverse side effects, including death even years after they were FDA approved and on the market. And then there is the over prescription of antibiotics giving rise to new drug resistant infection by "super bugs". From the FDA The Limitations of Safety Data for Drug Approval the following:
"There are hundreds of thousands of adverse events reported via MedWatch each year, but this reporting system is voluntary and there are serious drug reactions that are never reported. Because the nation's healthcare system is not integrated, there is no standard way to track the adverse effects of a medicine in any given health system or across different health systems. Health insurance databases can be helpful in this regard, but they are only accurate as long as a patient has the same job and is enrolled with the same insurance system since many people are insured through their employer. This limits FDA's ability to monitor the safety of medications taken over many years. However, FDA, through its Sentinel Initiative, is currently working to develop capabilities to use data from different health systems to better understand the safety of drugs in clinical practice. " (3)
2. Perhaps a bit trite, but still significant when one considers sales and market trends, the number of books about the effectiveness and theory of homeopathy for sale on Amazon in September, 2013 was 2,772. Today, March 5, 2017, there are 8,152 listings for books about homeopathy. In September, 2013 there were 11,233 listings for homeopathy. Today there were 10,981 listings for just single remedies! (4, 5)
3. Every state in the U.S. now recognizes the practice of homeopathy and homeopathic doctors. (6)
"Every state requires a license for the practice of medicine, the diagnosis and treatment of illness. Consequently states also regulate the practice of homeopathy. Medical doctors and osteopathic doctors are the only professions allowed to diagnose and treat illness in all of the states. There are several states that also license naturopathic physicians to diagnose and treat illness. These states are AK, AZ, CT, HI, ME, NH, OR, UT, VT, WA. Generally, homeopathy can be employed legally by those whose degrees also entitle them to practice medicine in their state. This includes MD's, DO's, ND's, DDS's, DVM's. Some DC's are permitted by their state law to administer homeopathic remedies. Other health care providers such as nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, dentists, veterinarians, chiropractors, licensed acupuncturists, nurse midwives, and podiatrists may be allowed to use homeopathy within the scope of their licenses, depending on the laws of the state in which they reside."
4. The number of online and campus setting teaching courses in all the CAM practices, including homeopathy, is steadily growing. "There are literally dozens of homeopathic training programs offered in states like Delaware, Georgia, California, Washington, New Jersey, Colorado, Arizona, North Carolina, Nevada, Illinois, Oregon, Massachusetts, New York, Minnesota, New Mexico, Connecticut, and Texas." (7)
"The Evolving Role of CAM Integrative Medicine in American Medical Education" (8)
5. The number of cancer research and treatment centers in the U.S. that are using integrative medicine, including homeopathy is also expanding. (9)
"Integrative medicine (blending the best of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) with conventional medicine) is becoming increasingly popular.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...." Charles Dickens had never heard of integrative medicine when he wrote the opening line to his classic text, but it fittingly describes the context in which integrative medicine clinics find themselves today. [2,3] There is increasing evidence that both patients and clinicians see integrative medicine as the best way to provide optimal health care."
6. According to an October 7, 2011 study released by the Chamber of Commerce of India (ASSOCHAM), the world homoeopathy market is a $5.35 billion dollar market and growing at a rapid annual rate. If one multiplies $5.35 billion by just 1.25% annually, without adjustment for inflation, one gets a $1.1 trillion dollar global market by 2035. (10)
7. Homoeopathy is the third most popular method of healing in India, after conventional medicine and Ayurveda. Additionally, the legal status of homeopathy in India shares an equal footing with both modalities.
Nine million people use homoeopathy in Brazil. Homeopathy was recognized as a medical speciality there by the country's Ministry of Medicine Director in 1980.
Countries that offer homeopathy within their national health care system include: Brazil, India, Mexico, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, UK and Switzerland. Countries that recognize homeopathy as a medical specialty and/or system of medicine include Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Equador (rated by WHO as being better in health care than the US), Mexico, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania, Russia, UK and Switzerland. Homeopathy is established as a primary discrete health care discipline with an in-depth undergraduate education and training program, as well as a professional infrastructure equal to that of conventional medicine in India, Mexico, Pakistan and South Africa. It is also officially recognized in Bangladesh, Singapore, Dubai and Malaysia.
The UAE, Thailand, Cuba, Argentina, Iran, and Russia have granted official recognition to the number of homeopathic teaching institutions, and their research activities are being revitalized.
Australia and New Zealand homeopathy is developing into a complete healthcare profession and is receiving government recognition through positive enabling legislative change. (11, 12 )
8. There are growing numbers of research studies and controlled clinical trials proving the efficacy of homeopathy dating back to January,1988. (13)
9. The homeopathy skeptics are coming under fire. (It's about time). One of the skeptics' top personalities, Brian Dunning was indicted for fraud. (14)
"Who are these so-called Quackbusters?" Consumer Advocate Tim Bolen (15)
10. "Edzard Ernst - Critic Of Homeopathy Exposed" (16)
"We believe that it is time to recognise that opposition to homeopathy is largely based on the opinions of individuals who are unqualified or unwilling to judge the evidence fairly. One person may be right and 2.3 million may be wrong, but this interview confirms the evidence which H:MC21 (Homeopathy of the 21st Century) has already presented, namely that one individual, Edzard Ernst, is not a credible source of information about the effectiveness of homeopathy."
11. "California Superior Court Judge Rules on Quackbuster Credibility"
"This was a case filed by the so-called National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF) against a manufacturer of Homeopathic products. The quackbusters were soundly, and publicly, beaten in this courtroom. The Judge's opinion about top quackbusters Stephen Barrett, and Wallace Sampson is classic." (17)
12. The skeptics talking points have lost their effect from over-use in combination with ridicule and cyber-bullying. (I think I can boast that yours truly has become the fart in the elevator of their minds.) (18)
This comment by Maria Maclachlan the wife of Alan Henness, the director of the Nightingale Collaboration was posted on my fighting for homeopathy blog on Google. At first I thought I would delete it, but decided instead to publish it instead.
"I recommend a homeopathic remedy to you, Sandra. Excrementum caninum. On the principle that like treats like, I presume it treats shit-for-brains syndrome. Try it and let's see if it makes you any more intelligent.
You are one of the nastiest cult-members I've had the misfortune to come across and it's fair to assume that it's because you don't have a rational argument that you continue to behave in this despicable manner.
So far all I have seen you do is harass, abuse and lie about people who tell the truth about homeopathy - the truth being, of course, that it is a pile of steaming crap that unscrupulous quacks promote in order to line their own pockets.
Your stupidity is boundless and it is no surprise that you believe in magic pills. So what do you ultimately hope to achieve, Sandra? If your objective is to demonstrate the rank idiocy and nastiness of followers of cult of homeopathy, then please carry on because it is behaviour like yours that keeps me going. "
13. The medical journalist and author Jerome Burne of the UK had this to say about the "arrogant batty" (Mr. Burne's terminology) skeptics, particularly the Nightingale Collaboration. (19)
"Step forward the Nightingale Collaboration, earnest and self-styled defender of rationalism, whose seriously potty members have got these categories mixed up. They have picked on something that might, to some, be mildly irritating – homeopathy – and pumped up their dislike into a cause."
14. In the latter months of 2016 and the first few months of 2017, the number of companies marketing homeopathic products in the United States has soared. Homeopathic products and single remedies advertised by Boiron and Hyland's can now be purchased in large chain pharmacies and store outlets such as Walmart and Target. An Italian manufacturer of homeopathic remedies, Guna, has recently announced that they too will be entering the U.S. market.
To answer the question posed in the title of this editorial opinion. Homeopathy skeptics: how effective are they? Not very....based on current data and facts. That said, a personal note to all the homeopathy skeptics: Your talking points against homeopathy are as dilute as you incorrectly think a 1M potency of any remedy is. You need to work harder.
12. www.globinmed.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=99852 13. http://nationalcenterforhomeopathy.org/articles-research
Monday, March 28, 2016
Homeopathic remedies just sugar pills? Oh, no..... A Viet Nam Vet who formerly suffered from severe intractable PTSD relates his personal experience:
"Homeopathy helped my Combat related PTSD from Viet-Nam! I am currently 63 years old. I enlisted in the Marine Corps at age 17 and little did I know it would change my life forever. The training at Parris Island, S.C. was very stressful and difficult but nothing prepared me for what I was about to experience in Viet-nam. After training I was assigned to be an infantry soldier, some called us grunts or ground pounders. I was a replacement assigned to the Khe Sahn Combat base when I got to Viet-nam in Mar of 1968. For the four months I was there I was subject to frequent daily rocket and mortar attacks from the NVA (north Vietnam army). Much of my anxiety, fear and hyper vigilance came from trying to stay alive, dodging incoming rockets, mortars and bullets. In June of 1968 I was shot at close range by an enemy soldier. My unit was on patrol and we were resting after reaching the location we were assigned to. I was startled when the enemy North Vietnamese soldier appeared at the edge of the bomb crater I was in, he was about 30-40 feet from me. When I saw him I immediately stood up and faced him with my M-16 rifle in hand, he fired his AK-47 rifle and a bullet hit my wrist, so my M-16 dropped out of my hand. I immediately crawled to the back of the bomb crater taking cover in the high elephant grass. I was crouched and waited in fear of getting shot again. During the assault I was assisted by another marine and crawled over to the corpsman’s position. He was in a shallow depression and another wounded marine and I waited there until the firefight was over.
After going to first aid stations in Vietnam then Japan, I eventually went to Key West Naval hospital in July of 1968. I was treated for a shattered wrist and then got medically honorably discharged in Feb. of 1969. I thought all I had was a gunshot wound but it turned out over the next 40 years I would get progressively worse due to untreated severe chronic combat related PTSD. I worked as a computer repairman for 16 years, later other technical jobs. Eventually the stress elevated to a point in 2010 where I was having daily panic attacks, homicidal and suicidal thoughts, hyper vigilance, rages, startle response, foreshortened future, nightmares, etc. I have had some progress over the past couple years with various therapies that are very helpful; EFT, acupuncture, marital and individual counseling, natural medications providing occasional temporary relief from free running constant anxiety that got progressively worse. Sometimes the only way I could stop the anxiety was to lock myself in my room away from everyone and everything, or to go away to a secluded area where there was minimal human contact.
When I started working with Deborah I did not know what to expect, but because I trusted her wisdom and knowledge, I went ahead with my constitutional remedy. After the second remedy I noticed a continuous ongoing reduction in my PTSD symptoms that is very significant. The remedy resolved many of my problems relating to PTSD and also some childhood trauma either directly or in conjunction with other therapies. Today I am able to focus on my wife and cats at home and my health. I can set new goals for myself and am optimistic about my future. I was never ever optimistic! I do not think about getting killed during the day and night by the enemy. I do not worry as much as I did previously about what is going to happen next, the anticipation anxiety I had each minute of every hour. I continue to use my 12 step program with daily prayer and meditation as a guide for addiction recovery which sets me on a path of constant progress. I also used massage for PTSD that helped release stored muscle memory to relieve my chronic anxiety. I can deal more easily with situations as they come up. I am on no medications. I am at peace and can sleep at night. I thank God for my relationship with Deborah and pray this information gives hope to others seeking a solution to what may appear to be a hopeless situation." Deborah Olenev CCH RSHom (NA) , 59 Paul Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94041 US
Friday, August 28, 2015
I put my faith in a nutrient-dense diet and in homeopathy. This doesn’t mean I will never place a toe in the conventional medical arena. But that toe will be positioned there for mere moments for the sake of a diagnosis or to set a broken bone. That’s enough for me! I’ll slip from the sterilized mitts to return to my trusted homeopathy. Indeed, do I have confidence in my craft or not? Not blind faith, but robust, wholehearted trust in the data and clinical observations my colleagues and I have made in our professional and personal lives.
Take my father, for example. He hails from an Italian-American family and was the second youngest of seventeen children. All except two of his siblings, as well as his parents, died before the age of 76.
Over the last years, my father and I have cooperatively gotten him off all heart medications and kept him out of doctors’ offices. In a few months he will be 87. So far, so good.
Here are the details of his story. At the age of 62 my father had the first of two myocardial infarctions. He had also been suffering tachycardia (rapid heart beat) for months before the incident. At the time of this episode his total cholesterol was a skimpy 112. For years, he had followed the Fit for Life diet: lowfat and vegan.
Leading up to and including the 1980s my father was fully cemented in the conventional medical cardiac treatment protocol. He was dutifully compliant with his doctors in every way: he continued the lowfat diet, daily baby aspirin, Lipitor, nitroglycerin, calcium channel and beta blockers, and two more blood pressure meds. Nary a missed drug nor appointment.
But his doctors didn’t always show up for their scheduled appointments. Something began to happen to his cardiologists. One by one, each died over a period of fifteen years. The grand total was six cardiologist deaths with only one of them to survive beyond his seventieth birthday! If these fallen medical men had been living according to their own counsel, swallowing their prescribed nostrums, and eating per their recommended regimes, then their advice would be at best specious, and more likely deadly.
Two years after his first infarction my father suffered another attack and more drugs were added to his treatment protocol. But just before the last cardiologist died, he warned our family that if my father did not undergo bypass heart surgery, he’d not make it to his next birthday.
That cardiologist’s surgical plan sounded more like highway construction than something done to a human body. He artfully planned to connect Route 33, which was partially blocked, to the New York State Thruway through my father’s leg, splice and redirect several more vascular roadways, and of course require the mandatory stop at the toll booth to pay. When I finally shook off my flabbergastion my first coherent thought was to consider the unconsidered. I said, “Dad, let’s get out of here.” My father gave it about an hour’s deliberation and then decided he’d take the detour and forgo surgery, thank you very much.
Before my father reached his seventy-first year, that cardiologist died, too!
TIME FOR A REAL DETOUR
After years of conforming to the conventional medical canon along with mounting side effects from the drugs he took, my father allowed me to convince him to consider another way: homeopathy.
It took time to persuade him to rely completely upon the homeopathic methods as well as a modified WAPF-styled diet, which turned out to be both a safe choice and a triumphant one.
If you knew my father you’d understand that he doesn’t move quickly to alter dietary habits, so this remains a work in progress. We began with butter first, then coconut oil. Today he makes dinner for himself and my mother with these two saturated fats in every meal and he makes his own raw milk yogurt on a weekly basis. I must confide that getting him off commercial bread was a trial only a devoted daughter could endure.
As for the drugs, the aspirin was the first to go. No persuasion was needed, since it had caused him gastrointestinal burning that he had simply put up with.
In practicing homeopathy we don’t recommend that people heedlessly eliminate their drugs. Instead, we allow them to live with the newfound benefits of the homeopathic remedies for some time. This method allows the remedy to take up the slack so that the body no longer requires drugs in order to function.
Once we observe this shift, the client is encouraged to see his doctor for help in getting off medication. However, doctors are not trained to get patients off drugs, only on how to get them on. In my father’s case, we skipped this step. Another detour!
Early on, during the period of physiciandirected choices, and unaware that his doctor knew nothing of homeopathy, my father asked his MD’s opinion on using Arnica montana in place of aspirin. The doctor sniffed, “You can’t use those methods without taking risks. What are you hoping to accomplish? I take aspirin daily myself.” That doctor died five years later.
It’s a little hard not to be smug. And so, it wasn’t long before we made a conscious decision to leave the conventional doctors out of our loop. It only caused undue stress on my father to argue with someone who had no understanding of drug-free methods, nor of proper nutrient-dense diets. Instead, my father simply began taking Arnica montana 6x twice daily and within several months he was done with aspirin.
Since making this decision we have observed that when my father inadvertently cuts himself he doesn’t bleed heavily as he once did. This is reassuring, since a more sobering injury or surgery could have potentially resulted in hemorrhage. On a daily note, he no longer complains of chronic burning stomach, indigestion and constipation. The telltale ecchymosis, euphemistically called black and blue spots, disappeared.
Another daunting symptom my father experienced through the years was angina, which accompanied even the smallest of activities. Walking to the mailbox left him in an anguished state because of pain and breathlessness. Arnica montana brought this complaint down to a mild purr, but Magnesium phosphoricum (Mag phos) 6x settled it completely. Instead of keeping nitro-glycerin in his shirt pocket, he tucked in a small bottle of Mag phos 6x and popped a few pills into his mouth as needed. After a few months, the need for this remedy was eradicated and Dad stopped carrying it with him. Mag phos 6x cured his angina.
However, there still remained his cardiac dysrhythmia (irregular heart beat). His cardiologist, the one who died first, told him that dysrhythmia often ushers in cardiac arrest and is incurable. Naturally this symptom therefore carried the greatest fear factor for my father. Digitalis 30c became our remedy of choice, and this too can be used daily for many months, or years if need be. However, the dysrhythmia is likely to resolve in a much shorter amount of time if this powerhouse of a remedy is employed.
Dr. A.L. Blackwood in Diseases of the Heart says of homeopathic Digitalis: “It not only relieves the palpitation but also diminishes and arrests the nightly emissions that so frequently accompany it.” Digitalis has a place even in conventional medical settings, but in that arena it is used in gross form. Unfortunately, as with aspirin, when a substance is used in material structure (as opposed to homeopathic dilution) it frequently causes side effects. In fact, the more “effective” a drug is in suppressing symptoms, the more likely it is to cause damaging side effects. In the original, gross form before it is made into a homeopathic remedy, Digitalis is a poisonous plant, the foxglove. Poisonous substances ultimately make the best homeopathic remedies, because when highly diluted and potentized, they become powerful medicines. The drug industry uses the original plant to formulate a synthetic version in the manufacture of the prescription drug called Digoxin. The difference between this synthetic version and the homeopathic is like the difference between aspartame and raw honey.
For arterial sclerosis, we count on Arnica montana, but another remedy is required to be certain that blockage is not imminent: Secale cornutum (ergot). In his Desktop Guide to Homeopathy, Dr. Roger Morrison points out the following: “Secale cornutum acts mainly on the circulation. Allopathically, ergotamines are used for their (primary) vasoconstrictive properties; homeopathically, Secale is used for circulatory imbalances.”
In my father’s case, we also occasionally counted on Aurum metallicum 200, which is especially valuable when heart disease is accompanied by depression. This remedy has a reputation for resolving the cardiac event as well as depression.
Aurum arsenicum 200 is the remedy of choice at the critical time of cardiac arrest and in general for arterial sclerosis. Dr. Ramakrishnan reports that he has used this on thousands of patients. My father has counted on it when he has gone into tachycardia, with severe pressure and pain radiating down his right arm. After two doses of this miraculous remedy, the pain and heart flipping halts. So does the accompanying anxiety. He has used this powerhouse medicine for such acute situations as well as chronic conditions. After such events, my father counted on Aurum arsenicum 200 to keep this event from recurring. That was over four years ago and he has not had a recurrence.
I also include the tincture, Crataegus oxyacantha (hawthorn), as part of his daily routine. It has a history of addressing hypertension and most important, as per Concordant Materia Medica, “[has] a solvent power upon crustaceous and calcareous deposits in arteries. Tincture, one to fifteen drops; must be used for some time in order to obtain good results.”
CONSIDER THE UNCONSIDERED
How many times did my father hear that the only way to treat heart disease was to submit to surgery, take drugs for life, and abstain from saturated fats? These doctors overtly stated that there was no way to save his health other than to acquiesce and accept lowered expectations for his quality of life.
But for you and me, lowered expectations are the least rational response! It only makes sense if we wish to cede control of our lives to the opinions of others. When it comes to chronic illness such as heart disease the model of modern medicine offers unreliable solutions that can usually be circumvented with intelligent alternatives.
If my father and I flatly refuse procedures and drugs of commerce, are we thrusting our heads in the sand? Certainly not! For I have as much sure confidence in my medicines as does a conventional doctor who depends on his drugs.
One doctor I didn’t count in my previous tally was a close friend of my father’s and a world famous professor of cardiology. He once said to our family, “The way to have good health is to get yourself a scary disease, then learn how to bring yourself back to health.” That is how my father and I approached his illness.
If we believe that we should be personally responsible for our health, and when we depend on ourselves we discover that we are stronger, more successful, and take greater pride in ourselves and our work, then we make positive contributions to society. When you cure a family member, there is profound gratification not only in the joy of watching his or her suffering melt away, but in the blush of accomplishment.
I want the heady experience of serving someone most dear to me. If that means I’m a rebel then I’ll accept that label. Just don’t stand in the way of my helping my father.
Schedule of Remedies
It would be irresponsible of me to suggest that the protocol I devised for my father is indicated for everyone suffering from heart conditions, so this is where I must state that each cardiac case presents different settings, hence somewhat diverse remedies. Cardiac homeopathic choices are numerous, and I didn’t come to the following schedule without trials of other remedy considerations over time. Since I know I’ll be receiving emails and calls on precisely what we used, below is the schedule on which I’ve settled for the last many years.
While items one through four below have been included in my dad’s schedule for years, items five through seven have been adjusted according to symptoms as they presented. I might add that the longer my father has been on this plan, the more infrequently certain remedies are needed. In spite of his age, he grows towards more vigorous health. This is not something you hear in conventional medical arenas, which routinely blame the patient’s age for the lack of response.
1. Arnica montana 3 or 6x, twice daily
2. Magnesium phosphoricum 6x, twice daily
3. Crataegus Q, 5 drops, twice daily
4. Secale cornutum 30, twice daily
5. Digitalis 30, twice daily
6. Aurum arsenicum 200, every 30 minutes in an emergency, followed by twice daily for months until the emergent setting clears
7. Arnica montana 200, every 30 minutes alternating with Aurum arsenicum 200 in cardiac emergency.
Cardiac Benefits of Arnica Montana Versus Aspirin
Arnica montana is one of our leading homeopathic remedies for the heart, particularly in relation to blood and arteries. As Frans Vermeulen states in his Concordant of Materia Medica, Arnica has the ability to resolve the following symptoms: “Angina pectoris, stitches in the heart, pulse feeble and irregular, cardiac dropsy, palpitations after any exertion, pressure under the sternum, anguish, collapse, beats shake the whole body.” Also, “Feeble debilitated patients with impoverished blood. Cardiac dropsy and dyspnoea. Marked effect on the blood, affects the venous system.” The very symptoms my father suffered at the time of his cardiac event are fully covered by Arnica montana.
This medical book is a compendium of excerpts from the writings and clinical experience of Drs. Boericke, Phatak, Boger, Lippe, Allen, Pulford, Cowperthwaite, Kent, Clark, and Vermeulen. Also, Dr. S.R. Phatak in Materia Medica of Homeopathic Medicines relays the pathologies that Arnica montana can address: “Ecchymoses and haemorrhages. Relaxed blood vessels with tendency to haemorrhage, epistaxis.”
For five years, I studied under the homeopathic physician Dr. A.U. Ramakrishnan, who is the medical physician to the president of India. In his hospital in India, he and his colleagues eschew daily aspirin for cardiac patients and instead prescribe Arnica montana 6x. Over the years, my client-students who have elected to use Arnica montana 6x report that this simple change has made a remarkable shift in their well being.
If you are unfamiliar with the harms associated with aspirin use, consider the Mayo Clinic’s website, www.mayoclinic.com/health/daily-aspirin-therapy/HB00073/NSECTION GROUP=2, which reports: “Stroke may be caused by a burst blood vessel. While daily aspirin can help prevent a clot-related stroke, it may increase your risk of a bleeding stroke (hemorrhagic stroke).”
In the New York Times article, “A Hidden Danger of an Aspirin a Day” (consults.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/01/ahidden-danger-of-an-aspirin-a-day/?_r=0 ), Dr. Neena S. Abraham, a gastroenterologist at the Michael E. DeBakey V.A. Medical Center says: “If your physician has suggested you take aspirin to reduce your risk of heart disease, it is important to remember that even small doses of daily aspirin—including ‘baby aspirin,’ at a dose of 81 milligrams daily—can increase your risk of ulcers and bleeding. It is important to remember that all aspirin has the potential to damage the tissue of the gastrointestinal tract. Damage can occur anywhere, from mouth to anus.”
Thus, not only will Arnica montana address the integrity of the blood, but it shores up the vessels. In that light, aspirin appears to be the wrong drug choice altogether, particularly when the vessels break more easily with its use.
Source of quoted article.